Friday, May 11, 2012

My First Post!

I've been intrigued by the world of blogging for quite some time and have been talking about starting up a blog a lot recently, so I'm glad to finally be making my first post!  My main sticking point has been the name...so I'm open to suggestions! Here is a little about me:

I don't eat meat (with the exception of seafood).  I don't eat gluten (it makes my tummy hurt).  I eat as locally as organically as possible.  I'm also getting into eating as seasonally as I can.  I eat foods in the wholest form possible and avoid processed foods (if it comes in a package, I won't eat it).  This blog will hopefully give me an opportunity to share my journey through this new and life-changing lifestyle.  I've never felt better and I'm excited to finally get this blog started!

What a better way to start my blog than with pictures from my first full week of getting food from the local CSA!  For those of you that don't know, CSA stands for Community Supported Agriculture.  My husband and I went in with another couple to buy a share from the organic farm on Clemson's campus.  Every week from the end of April to the beginning of November, we'll pick up a share of awesome veggies!  Here is what we got this week:

A LOT of food this week!  Radishes, lettuce, mustard greens, broccoli, collards, turnips, beets, tatsoi, kale and arugula

Lettuce

Radishes

Broccoli, Turnips, Beets

Tatsoi

Summer squash already!

It took up my counter and my oven!


Stayed tuned for recipes and see what I cook with all this yummy food!

No comments:

Post a Comment