Friday, May 25, 2012

A CSA Mixturement


When I was little, my mom would let me make "mixturements."  I'm pretty sure she just gave me all the rotten food she was about to throw out and let me pretend I was mixing it up and cooking.  I thought I was pretty cool. Tonight I felt like I was making a mixturement.  I still had a fridge half full of vegetables that needed to be cleared out before I got the next load from the farm share.  I also have a garden full of kale I haven't used because I have so much food from the CSA.  So I created this!  The measurements are really suggestions....any combination of this stuff is likely good together, so use your best judgement :)  You could add all kinds of things to this...I think beans would be a great addition!


1 bunch of scallions
4 cloves of garlic, minced
2 teaspoons of olive oil
1 bunch of beet greens, chopped
1 bunch of kale, chopped
3 tablespoons of freshly grated ginger
1 yellow squash
1 zuchinni
1 egg
3 tablespoons of tamari (or soy sauce)
Sriracha (use as much as you want, or none of you don't like spicy stuff)
Freshly grated Parmesan

----

1.  Chop up scallions, garlic, beet greens, kale, squash and zucchini.

Green onions (from the CSA) and garlic
Yellow squash and zucchini from the CSA
Kale from my garden




2.  Heat one teaspoon of olive oil and add scallions and garlic.  Cook for about two minutes.


3.  Add squash and zucchini and cook for a few minutes.  Then add beet greens and kale.  Add tamari and ginger (you may need to add a little water depending on how many greens you have).  Cook until greens start to wilt and add ginger and sriracha.

4.  In another pan, scramble an egg (I had initially intended to fry an egg, but the yolk broke so I scrambled it instead.  This could easily be left out for those of you that are vegans).

5.  Add egg to the greens/squash and taste.  Add more tamari or salt if necessary.

6.  Top with freshly grated Parmesan if desired.

There you have it....my CSA mixturement :)


No comments:

Post a Comment